On behalf of: OSCE
Project period: fall 2015
Staff members of the OSCE Centre in Bishkek and the Field Office in Osh took part in two four-week courses in protocol on the job. The topics were:
- General questions of courtesy (also in the office)
- Etiquette (including dress codes and invitations to peoples’ homes)
- Visits (incoming visits of delegations, official invitations, table order)
- State protocol
- How to conduct meetings and negotiations
- Speeches / rhetoric
- Verbal and written communication (e.g. how to address people, wording invitation, congratulations, condolences cards; wording and handling of e-mails)
- Rules for specific groups such as drivers and security personnel.
The seminar was conducted in English. Participants received a certificate of attendance. The consultant left a protocol manual and made recommendations as to arrangements in the reception hall of the embassy and the procedures for receiving guests.